The AARP Driver Safety Course will be held in Terry on Monday, Nov. 29 at the Prairie Community Center. This all-day course, beginning at 10 a.m. and breaking for lunch, offers a refresher course geared for motorists aged 50 and older. The class will end by 4 p.m.
The course will provide a review of driving skills and techniques, as well as strategies and tips to help you adjust to normal age-related physical changes that may affect your driving ability.
The objectives of the AARP Driver Safety Program are to help you:
• Understand the effects of aging on driving.
• Learn driving strategies that take into account the changes we experience as we age.
• Identify the most common crash situations we face.
• Reduce your chances of having a crash.
• Update your knowledge and understanding of today’s roads, vehicles and other road users.
• Think about how you drive.
• Identify when driving may no longer be safe.
There is no age limit to attend this course. Those under 50 are welcome to attend. The fee to attend is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members. Those interested in taking the course are encouraged to sign up early by calling 635-5364.
Published Oct. 20, 2010